AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IL Family Farms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jasonl
Posted 4/12/2009 20:29 (#678144 - in reply to #678098)
Subject: RE: Someone please enlighten me--

midwest

So Mark, in all reality it is ok for Illinoisboy or me to come down to Kansas and contact your landowners and try to bid up your farms and try to get them from you?  I am sure you would not think much of us if we did that, and you either lost it or it cost you an extra $50 an acre (fictional of course, I have no idea what kansas land is worth) to keep it.  In the mean time you were paying the going rates along with all your neighbors so you were not screwing the landowner.

I know that I would probably not last long there, maybe just long enough to mine the soil, cause I was paying big rents but you did lose the land for 3 years or so which put you out of business for 3 years, what are you going to do?  You probably wouldn't be able to start up again after that, so in my eyes the dream is over.

All this is tongue and cheek of course, I don't want to go to Kansas, but I wish you could understand what some of the guys are trying to say.  These big operators are putting people out of business and it is almost proven that they don't last more than a few years and it rips farm familys apart. I guess that is their right, it is still America, that is what this Country was founded on, but how much is enough?

As always the conversations are interesting!!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)