AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Happy Easter....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

msb
Posted 4/12/2009 17:31 (#677968 - in reply to #677771)
Subject: Little known facts about the burial

Lapel, In
or so it seems. Roman officials put a seal on the stone door to the tomb. A round stone that was about all two men could roll away and it was in a grove that went downhill when closed so it was very hard to roll up that slope. The Roman government posted two Roman soldiers to watch the tomb 24/7 and any soldier that left his post or fell asleep was executed for dereliction of duty , so it was assured the tomb was watched 24/7.

There was much turmoil in Jerusalem at that time and the governor was not going to let it get out of hand, so the reason for the tight security on the tomb. It is known that there were about 2 1/2 million Jews in Jerusalem for the Passover that week. 256,000 lambs were documented to have been slaughtered for the Passover and traditionally it was figured that a lamb fed 10 people.

The watch meant Jesus could not have played dead or was self hypnotized and later escaped from the tomb.(Something I used to think a possibility as I once studied the art)

Now I wonder about the fate of the two soldiers since Jesus arose? Maybe Joesephus has an acount of their fate ?

HE IS RISEN INDEED !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)