AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice on negotiating with our own property insurance company.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 5/24/2018 20:46 (#6777156 - in reply to #6776449)
Subject: RE: Need advice on negotiating with our own property insurance company.

My advice is if they start dragging their feet and balking let them know your contacting your State Insurance Commissioner if your state has such a position.  They oversee all the ins.companies that do business in the state and the ins. co's do not like getting called on the carpet by them at all.

Twice here that call has been made. Once by my Dad and once by me when ins. co . was dragging their feet on paying storm damage claims. Both times the call seemed to lubricate the process quite a bit as within under an hour ins. co. was calling back asking what it was going to take to resolve claims.

They love collecting premiums but do their best to avoid paying out any claims and have adjusters that work to limit payouts .

On a side note it's a good idea for everyone to take a bunch of digital pictures of all around the farm, rooms in house, shop, tools, buildings etc showing as much of the contents as possible for instances like this.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)