AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice on negotiating with our own property insurance company.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Lucky2Farm
Posted 5/24/2018 10:57 (#6776546 - in reply to #6776449)
Subject: RE: Need advice on negotiating with our own property insurance company.

Indianola, MS
Wow. That is the hardest thing to do. You are forced to think so hard about your lost property. First off realize that this is huge emotional task made worse by desensitized insurance adjusters who see things way differently. I'd go visit my doctor at the first sign of loosing sleep or stress of any kind. Hopefully you are in no hurry and can drag this along to a point everyone in family who would know can get together over a meal when its peaceful and calm and go room by room. Everyone remembering together is helpful to the ones who are hurting . The insurance company may have a form to use, make copies of this form. you'll have a book at the end. details matter. If you say coffee pot you'll get a 9$ hotel room coffee pot. You have to say stainless steel programmable bean grinding best cup of coffee you'll ever get that cost $400 coffee pot if that is what you have. Explain it on claims form like you are talking to a 5 year old. Also most states have an insurance commissioners staffed by experts who are a underutilized and free resource and they often work wonders. Just the knowledge an insured is speaking to the Ins Com's office here will change the tone. Just remember to not rush, that is a way to end up waking up at night and no way to go back to sleep. I saw a family friend devastated by a fire and then tortured herself into bad health filling out the personal property portion of her claim. Everyone should take pictures of their home, every room and every closet not just to remember for insurance but just to remember after its all over.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)