AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you plan to move away when you retire?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 4/12/2009 10:29 (#677642 - in reply to #677533)
Subject: Re: Do you plan to move away when you retire?

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
I find it interesting talking to retired folks I know in phoenix. Not one of them regrets going down there in the winter. Most say they waited to long. Livestock is the only thing holding me back from going down all winter. For now it will be a couple weeks at a time, come back, catch up on things and then go back again.Its hard to leave 80 degrees and come back to 20 below!!
Vacations are needed, refreshes one mind and body!!!
Just wondering ,why does it seem like farmers are the only occupation that keep working past retirement age ?Is it because we like the occupation or is it the fact we don't have pensions like regular working folks??
Also for those that choose to keep working ,does your wife agree also?My wife tells me we need to take more time off.
Farming is getting easier, but there are still dangers like climbing bins,hooking up equipment,falling off eqiupment ect... that become a problem as one gets older.
Also health problems can arrive at any time, so if you decide to keep farming and then one of you gets sick ,will it be to late to both enjoy other things in life together??That worries me, and is one factor in deciding to take more time off at my young age.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)