AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IL Family Farms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Illinoisboy
Posted 4/12/2009 01:37 (#677442 - in reply to #677428)
Subject: Re: IL Family Farms

beh - 4/12/2009 01:07 So now I am a worthless kid... IFF is not that big a deal. Sorry.

Not sure how you figured you were "worthless". I sure didn't say it.

Not a big deal? It/they are here in Illinois. They've effected a lot of people here. This thread has over 100,000 views. Not a big deal to you. Maybe it is to others. World doesn't revolve around beh does it?

beh - 4/12/2009 01:07

They have an interesting business model. They farm on a large scale. We may view them as pioneers some day. May not. What is the point of wishing this on someone.

You don't know much, if anything, about them (other than some token things you've read here). This isn't Kansas Family Farms. You don't have a clue what's going on in our part of the world.

beh - 4/12/2009 01:07

Why do you complain about it? Why not find a way to compete? Are you really that scared? Lots of operations around that big and bigger. Both as one unit and as a per family unit. I am not one. But some economics tells me that you go one way or the other... Which way will you go?

I'm not complaining much, just commenting. That's allowed on a message board last I checked. I'm not scared, don't worry. There aren't lots of operations around that big and bigger "here" in IL.

I run an Illinois Family Farm myself. I'm fine with where we're at. Not going anywhere anytime soon. Thanks for the concerns. We're all happy to amuse you.

Edited by Illinoisboy 4/12/2009 01:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)