AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Non Hypothetical Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Expensive Hobby
Posted 5/17/2018 14:26 (#6764870 - in reply to #6761645)
Subject: RE: Non Hypothetical Question

NW Missouri
Terrible situation to be in, obviously. With that being said, before you assume the worst, let me play devil's advocate for just a minute:

If the address is, as you said, 1 number off from yours, it very easily could have been a typo on the street number by whoever addressed the envelope. That doesn't make the end result any different, but I would have a lot less pissed at the bank if that was the case than if they sent my stuff to an entirely different address.

Also be a little careful assuming that your neighbors intentionally opened your mail. They probably DID open it, but I have opened my neighbors mail before because I didn't look at the address on the envelope. A substitute carrier at the post office screwed up, the letter was addressed to my neighbors, at their address, but it ended up in my mailbox. I wasn't paying attention to the envelope, I opened it up along with all of my other mail, and once I looked at what was inside, I saw that it wasn't addressed to me. There was no denying that I had opened it, but it was unintentional. It was just junk mail so it didn't end up mattering, but just consider that possibility. It doesn't sound like you and your neighbors get along the greatest, but that doesn't mean they went snooping on purpose.

To the person who said you should never do this kind of stuff by mail - there are many of us that do ALL of our banking by mail. My FCS office is over an hour away. We communicate by email, but when they need a signature (like on all my financials) they mail it to me, and I sign it and mail it back to them. It's great if your banker will sit at your kitchen table and do it, but I also bet you pay for that service one way or another.

As others have said, there is no going back now to fix this. Only you can decide whether or not to continue doing business with that lender, but whether you move to another bank or not, the damage is done. I agree with the others that threatening the neighbors would make things worse, not better, even if you don't get along very well now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)