AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

syngenta corn settlement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tex
Posted 5/15/2018 09:50 (#6761462 - in reply to #6759895)
Subject: RE: syngenta corn settlement

The way I read it . Even if you signed on with an attorney earlier, You still have to sign up for this class action if you want to get paid. It says that 1/3 will be set aside to pay attorneys fees for the 100s of attorneys that filed earlier lawsuits. I think farmers will sign up for this class action and get payed directly from the class action funds. Maybe these lawyers that signed these farmers up will get paid also by the class action on seperate funds set aside as they had their claims in already . I wonder if the lawyer gets 1/3 of your class action settlement, plus 1/3 of your share for hiring him earlier.

I signed up with an attorney 9 months ago so I am wondering if the attorney signs you up for the class action or you do it yourself? Do the contracts you signed on earlier also state if this thing went to a federal class action lawsuit the attorney gets 1/3. Lawyers were suing on actual yields not for county yields, which is what farmers will get payed on in federal class action. Looks like that would break the contract with the original attorney and make it null and void.

Edited by tex 5/15/2018 09:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)