AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

syngenta corn settlement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 5/15/2018 07:54 (#6761237 - in reply to #6759895)
Subject: RE: syngenta corn settlement....question

Chebanse, IL.....

They must've mailed out 10,000,000 of those solicitations this past week. We've received them again here.

My question....this "Syngenta Corn Seed Settlement Claims Administrator" outfit is based in Richmond VA. Is this another legal office in disguise? I see they have the great seal of the State of Kansas on the envelope. 

Is there any reason to be skeptical of potential profits promised? It says we're entitled to a portion of the $1,510,000,000.00 settlement. If only 2 of us respond, we will each get $750,000,000.00? Will this money be tax free? Will we then fall into ruin as many/most of the huge Lotto winners have? It says grain facilities are also invited to apply. Seems like really big, or even most grain firms selling millions & millions of bushels of corn annually would cut most of our shares down to pennies.

My letter says "there's another hearing on 11/15/18 known as a "fairness hearing" which will decide WHETHER to grant certification of the settlement and WHETHER to approve the settlement.....or NOT.
Then, it says, there MAY (is there doubt?) appeals by objectors to the settlement which take more time, perhaps MORE than a year!"

I'm wondering how many farmers have already passed away since they joined in a couple years back? Is their estate entitled to the $1,510,000,000

I probably wouldn't take out any big loans yet using this potential pay-out as collateral....but I have no higher education financial semester hours...nor any of any kind.

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)