AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sciatica... Anyone had it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Nor-C-Ore-Drylander
Posted 5/14/2018 10:41 (#6759808 - in reply to #6759375)
Subject: RE: Sciatica... Anyone had it?

North Central Oregon
I had it two years ago. Woke up one morning unable to get out of bed the pain was so excruciating. Ended up at trusted chiropractor. He could see the pain I was in and insisted on X-rays at local hospital before he would touch me. He sent me to Doctor to get muscle relaxant and prescription naproxen. These helped a little. Went back to chiro and found on X-ray that I had messed up my pelvis. Right side had rotated in relation to the other and spine and was pinching nerves. I had felt numbness along the outside of my upper right leg for months but ignored it. After he told me I remembered about a year and a half earlier hopping up onto the ladder of the tractor with my right leg and almost passing out when a very quick shot of pain hit me. Held onto the ladder continued into the cab. Pretty sure That is when I tweaked my pelvis. Didn't really have any pain right away but numbness did start after that. Chiro worked on me after giving anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxants a chance to work. Began feeling relief after 2 appointments. Took about 9 total appointments to get me totally back over 2 1/2 months. Would have 2-3 adjustments then a week to 10 days for things to settle down, then another series of adjustments. Could function after 3 weeks but I could not lay down in bed so spent close to 3 months sleeping in recliner. Once I found a position and back, hip support for the recliner that worked I didn't want to take a chance of aggravating the nerve again, they do take time to heal especially when they have been severely pinched. I have never experienced pain like that before in my life. One night the pain was so bad getting up to use the bathroom, I stood from about 3am to almost 6 am leaning on, arms clinging to top of my gunsafe for stability not able to move. My sister-in-law who has had sciatica told me that the pain from sciatica was more intense for her than giving birth...all I could think was great, just what I wanted to hear.
It takes time, but you can get through it with proper care.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)