AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Slow reimbursements from Christian Healthcare Ministries
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 5/8/2018 00:02 (#6749543 - in reply to #6746642)
Subject: RE: Slow reimbursements from Christian Healthcare Ministries

Mid Michigan
You're totally wrong on your assumption that insurance companies automatically just pay the maximum amount of money on a claim. Not a chance in h@ll. My insurance company reps are pit bulls about negotiating every bill every time. They're darn good at their jobs. One of my co-workers had a collapsed lung surgery done and the bill submitted to insurance was just over $32,000. The insurance company negotiated it down to $2900. Yes thats right $29,000 knocked off the bill. And the hospital was fine with that amount. My friend even called them and asked them how that works. The lady explained a bit of it to him and he asked her what his bill would be without insurance. She replied most certainly $32,000. I had a ct scan done that was billed out of area by mistake and the entire amount was billed at over $1600. When the bill was billed in area it was rebilled for $970 and my share was $199. They heavily negotiate every bill every time. Somebody on here mentioned an mri for $5500 and the cash price was just under $3000. I fell off a quad and had one about 5 years ago and mine was $1200. I had a big insurance company representing me. Without it you're kind of in a pickle in this day and age. The hospitals are trying to make up for the ten guys that fell of their quads without insurance that came in before me and didn't pay. Hospitals try to bilk insurance companies to make up for the uninsured. Plain and simple.

Edited by davpal 5/8/2018 00:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)