AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

insight running nh3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/8/2009 07:08 (#673246 - in reply to #672559)
Subject: Re: insight running nh3

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
boogietwoshoes - 4/7/2009 16:07

OK Thanks, i will check it out.

Here are a couple of time honored tests. Observe the FLOW via the Insight. This is the flow/minute and should be stable. My experience is that the Insight will average the flow out more than a Raven console in the same situation so the average may look better than it really is. If the flow/minute is not fairly stable, this is an indication of a flowmeter problem which may likely be due to vaporization.

Here's another test. With the applicator not applying, observe the high pressure gauge on the NH3 system. This should be tank pressure. Start to apply but drive slowly. Observe this pressure, since product is entering the ground, there will be a pressure drop compared to not applying.

Speed up slightly, the pressure will drop even more as more product is flowing through the system. If the observed drop in pressure between not applying and applying is more than 7 psi you can expect problems.

Due to a variety of factors (cool temps = low tank pressure and others), you are trying to "use" the product up faster than it can be replenished. This will result in vapor in the system which will cause several problems. Besides not getting the correct rate, you will damage the flowmeter turbine.

The usual solution is to check all hoses, strainers, etc for restrictions. If no obvious problems are found, you may just have to go slow until your tank pressures increase.

Edited by tedbear 4/8/2009 07:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)