AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Steer with EZ-Boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Willy
Posted 4/7/2009 14:14 (#672427)
Subject: EZ-Steer with EZ-Boom

Nebraska
This is my first year with ez-steer and ez-boom. I had the guide 500 for 1.5 years. I'm looking for help on making better turns. It seems at times that it over compensates and goes across the ab line after engaging on on side. You end up with a little s curve and then it straightens out and goes well. It's not a consistent problem, but one that bothers me. This happens mostly when I make a turn without stopping usually. I have noticed a delay in the tractor position on the screen. An example would be if I stop and the tractor keeps moving momentarily. If anyone has any tricks or things to know to help with turns I would appreciate the advise.

The other question is ... has anyone used the ez-boom successfully to control a Raven anhydrous fast valve. My dealer or myself could not get it to function like it does with the 440 box. We did a number of firmware up and down grades. Trimble even set a 1.04 ez-boom upgrade and it did not help. One thing that it does is that you can turn the valve on using the increase/decrease toggle with all boom or master switches off. This, in my estimation could be dangerous. I ended up running my raven box in the cab and just used the steering. I was disappointed as the ez-boom was supposed to replace the raven and do all it does!

thanks for you input
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)