AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze ISO update through InCommand 1200
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 4/14/2018 06:16 (#6707659 - in reply to #6702385)
Subject: RE: Kinze ISO update through InCommand 1200

Missouri
The update requires a functional ISOBUS fileserver. In recent firmware updates, Ag Leader has incorporated a file server function to it's displays, but they have supplied little to know documentation about how it works. If you go into the ISOBUS settings of the display section of the setup menu, you will see it. The owner's manual says it's purpose is for some function with Hardi sprayers. I have tried to utilize it for ISOBUS updates, but I have not been successful. I believe they must have implemented ISOBUS file server in some very limited capacity.

There are 3 ways I know to update those.
1) With a Greenstar display. I have used 2630's, or armrest/commandcenter displays, to various degrees of success. The update does not always take. I am not certain why.
2) If your Kinze dealer has a Kinze update tool, they can update if for you. It's an expensive tool, and not all dealers have one.
3) Your dealer can send the PMM back to Kinze for updates.

The only time I updated one on an InCommand was cheating, of sorts. I had the InCommand tee'd into the tractor ISOBUS, I had the VT on the InCommand, and I had the update thumbdrive in the USB port under the armrest lid (for the CommandCenter's fileserver). The ISOBUS planter was on the Ag Leader VT when it updated, but it was still using the Greenstar fileserver, which means although I did get it to updated on an Ag Leader display, I still didn't do it independently of greenstar hardware.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)