AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

volvo fan drive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 4/5/2009 11:39 (#669518 - in reply to #669488)
Subject: Re: volvo fan drive

I'm not going to be a lot of help solving your problem other than to say we had similiar problems on our '94 Volvo. Fan would only work on low. Truck mechanic told us to wire a switch into the fan control so we could manullay kick the fan on high wqhen the temp started to come up which we did.

After doing that we started having ac problems. After having it to about 4 different ac repair shops & spending over $3,000 we ended up taking the truck to a Volvo dealer where they repaired the auto fan control, ended up spending about $1,500 but that included fixing the ac & a couple other prblems. According to the service manager the ac problems were because of the faulty auto fan control which according to him was wired in conjunction with the ac to kick in when either engine temp or ac high side pressure reached a certain psi. What was happening was when the ac exceeded that psi it would blow all the 134 out.

Guess what I am saying is I would recomend taking it to a Volvo shop. We would have saved a lot of money with that would have been what we would have done originally
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)