AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just In Case You Missed Me
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John SD
Posted 3/31/2009 12:00 (#663509 - in reply to #662886)
Subject: After 6+ yrs the battery is running on empty...

Simple outpatient operation to change as long as the lead wire stays good. If it doesn't, I probably won't be around to tell about it.

The pacer must be about like a watch. Might as well change out the whole thing while they're at it instead of just replacing the battery.

I had a pacer check last spring and fall at the cardio drs office. The readout looks like a gas guage on 1/4 tank a year ago last spring and 1/8 tank in the fall.

I also do monthly "cardiovoice" checks over the phone which basically functions like an idiot light instead of an actual guage like when the pacemaker gal hooks me up to her laptop at the dr's office. The pacemaker gal is a RN and company rep specifically trained and employed by the pacemaker manufacturer.

She says the new pacer I get will be "new and improved". Smaller and more responsive than what I have now. She has tinkered with my settings at my annual checkups over the years but always ends up leaving things alone.

This Guidant model 1176 pacer has been excellent. Too bad I don't have a port to plug in and recharge overnight LOL!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)