AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mad Max- how goes the hockey?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mad Max Perf
Posted 3/29/2009 21:10 (#661474 - in reply to #661001)
Subject: Re: Mad Max- how goes the hockey?

North Western Alberta
Right on! Good to hear that they made it to the final! My freind coaches the Girls AAA team from Grande Prairie. That is fun hockey to watch, but I do miss the hitting of the boys... lol
My boys hockey is going good. His U-16 AAA team folded like a cheap lawn chair in the playoff though. We have some boys that wont make the jump to Major Midget, due to dissapearing as soon as things get rough. (can you say playoff hockey?) My son struggled a little towards the end of the season, with fumbling the puck. Not sure what was going on, but he started to grip the stick pretty tight.
On the positive side, he got scouted and got invites to 4 junior camps, so he will be doing that this spring. One on April 7th 8th weekend, and then some near the end of April. If they like you, they invite you back to the fall camps. SO, I guess its up to him. The local Junior A team has invited a few boys to practice with them, so my son has been one of them. ITs good, cause that way he keeps his legs for the spring camps. All these decisions on which camps to go to, are big decisions for a 15 year old to make......

This summers goal for him is just to increase strength, and if he can put 10 or 15 lbs of lean muscle mass on, he will be happy I think. He is in a really intense dry land and power skating program all summer with a local power skating instructor, and the trainer from the Local Junior A team. Its expensive, but it helps a TON. I think he should take all of July off though, and just slow down a bit. Sure, push weights and do a little cardio, but these young guys need to take the odd break. He is now bang on 6' 3" and 198, so if he can put on another 10 or so pounds, that will be decent. He is turning 16 here right away, so that will be nice. He can drive himself to the practices and summer programs... * whew*
He is looking forward to fall tryouts all ready, cause he really cant wait to play Major Midget. He played up with them a couple times this year, and liked it. They called him up to play a bit this year. It was fun, cause he played against some of the top WHL draft picks, and then we went to an Edmonton Oil Kings/Kootanay Ice game, and there were three of the guys he played against not two weeks before, playing up in the Dub. They had just been called up for thier first WHL games. That was pretty cool for him to see...... the next step is right there, just have to grab it.
I hope you are doing well!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)