AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New coyote getter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

greenfarmer
Posted 2/22/2018 23:47 (#6598342 - in reply to #6597825)
Subject: RE: Sorry Johnny

Central Minnesota
There's no need to apologize for bringing this up and having a political chat about it. We can accomplish more with good diaglogue back and forth, than our elected officials and leaders can. They can't have dialogue. They have no word "compromise" in their vocabulary.

The problem with any gun laws is, the law abiding will follow them. But, the criminals won't. If we managed to have a 5 round magazine limit for any and all guns, and the government came up with an exchange program. And would allow you to exchange your 30 round mags, for 5 round mags, the law abiding people would trade them in. Because it's the new law. The criminals, wouldn't bother with it. So there will still be millions of the 30 round mags out there in the hands of criminals.

Look at Chicago, and the very tight gun restrictions they have. Yet look at the murder rate there. I hate to say it, but further gun laws or restrictions, are just something that will only affect the law abiding, everyday normal person, who is a legal gun owner.

Personally, I like trumps newest thing. Bonus pay for school faculty who get permit to carry training, and carry while working at the school. We have security at sporting events, concerts, airports, banks, and numerous other places. Why not use the resources at school, or hire additional security for our schools.

We really don't need another school shooting. One was to many! Let alone all of them we have had. And then the hoaxes we have had since then. These kids don't understand, there is no glory or fame in harming or killing someone! But mental illness, broken homes, and violent video games, have desensitized them to the point of possibly thinking they can get away with it, or that there really isn't any reality to it.

And right now, we really do need to say, we have to do something. But, what is the right answer. Is more gun regulations? Magazine limits? Weapons ban again? Or mental health? Security in schools? Or is the right answer something that hasn't been brought up or thought of yet? I know I truly believe we shouldn't punish the good law abiding citizens. So I really have a hard time with anymore regulations or restrictions. I feel it's more security, and maybe trump needs to put more money into mental health. And fix the NICS background check. So mental health records get to the FBI. So things like that are noted. And flags can be raised on the proper people, for the proper reasons.

But good dialogue is what we need, between us, and political parties, to come up with a good answer, good fix, and good solution to this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)