AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New coyote getter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cuzn eddy
Posted 2/22/2018 22:23 (#6598212 - in reply to #6597431)
Subject: RE: New coyote getter

Midwest
I'm kinda like you, I don't own or really even want to own an AR, but I can't help but remember how many 30 carbines with 15 -30 round mags were sold to the public after WWII and we didn't see any in school shootings. The Ruger 10/22 has had a 10 round magazine since the 60's and you can buy 30 round mags for them and no mass shootings there either. I agree we need to do something but more so we need to do what will be effective. Just doing something for the sake of doing something isn't a good idea, we need to look at all the facts and the big picture too. For example, between 2006 and 2016 there were an average of about 35 people killed in mass shootings every year. Not a big number is it? Of these, assault weapons were used in about 1/4 of them so that means about 10 people per year in mass shootings by assault weapons. If we banned assault weapons how many would use shotguns or handguns or bombs? We wouldn't save 10 lives, we would save 5, maybe. 30 round mags are pieces of time with Springs in them, any clown can make them, a decent man with tools can make a machine gun easily, anybody can get on the internet and find out how to make bombs, anyone can make chlorine gas for s chemical bomb. Yes there is a problem, but doing something and doing something effective are 2 different things.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)