AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New coyote getter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 2/22/2018 19:04 (#6597579 - in reply to #6597431)
Subject: RE: New coyote getter

n.c.iowa
Wife bought me a pump action .22 Henry for Christmas.

I’m hoping to add a case hardened .45-70 Henry lever action, as soon as one becomes available.

As far as gun control, sigh.....

You know, I graduated from high school in the early 80’s, I drove the old galaxy 500, family truckster to school. Usually hauling at least a couple of my 7 siblings to school. During hunting/trapping season there were at least a couple of guns, ammo,in the trunk.
One time several buddies and I spent a day hunting pheasants and rabbits, we decided to go to town that night, well we kinda forgot about the dozen guns in the trunk of my car. got pulled over that night by the local law enforcement, gave them the okay to look in the trunk.....well that was worth a trip to the local police station for a questioning, and them running all the gun serial numbers to see if any were stolen. After they were satisfied, they gave us the guns back and sent us back on our way.

During hunting season at least half of the vehicles in the school parking lot were similarly loaded. No locked doors, no security guards, no metal detectors.
My boys graduated right around the 2008-2010 time frame, kinda the same scenario, only if the school officials were made aware of weapons on the school premises, there could be some problems, but nothing too serious.

So it kinda befuddles me why a young lad, or anybody for that matter, would take a weapon and try to or actually kill some fellow,or former fellow students.

The bigger question is what to do about it......

What has changed from my days in school and now?

Why do these incidents rarely or never happen in rural areas, vs the urban environments?

As I signed for the rifle, I remembering thinking to myself, it is ridiculously easily to get a firearm. Very little has changed in the purchase process from when I was a teenager.

I don’t know......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)