AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3116 CAT fuel issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 2/8/2018 22:46 (#6564821 - in reply to #6564757)
Subject: RE: 3116 CAT fuel issue

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

John.jr - 2/8/2018 22:17

#1 there's no screen

#2 in first picture, yes fuel from bucket

#3 were would I test pressure at?

#4 not sure on miles

#5 governor has a 10r-xxx part number, assuming it was replaced at some point, doesn't look too new.

#6 truck does idle low around 600 rpm guessing without looking possibly lower

Check valves were replaced, supply and return lines were also replaced. I did take a video of the clear return and supply hoses from low to high rpm no load, not sure how to post it here. I could email it if you don't mind

Here's a picture for fuel pressure port.

Low idle should be closer to 750-800 rpms. (this adjustment will also provide a slightly more governor spring tension, during cranking) = helps move the rack bar in the "fuel ON" position, when ignition key is turned ON.

Don't worry about a video, once a person confirms fuel pressure, set low idle closer to 750-780 rpms, retest/restart/crank, and if necessary, pull valve cover and watch rack movement(as mentioned earlier), and even take long screwdriver (while engine is running, at idle) and move each individual injector's fuel rack, to the "fuel ON" position (causing a fuel knock) then watch return sight glass/hose for extreme bubbles.

Is this hard starting, only a problem once EACH morning, or EACH time the person cranks the engine; hot or cold?

(CAT 3116_fuel pressure location.jpg)

(injector_3116_fuel rack.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CAT 3116_fuel pressure location.jpg (89KB - 456 downloads)
Attachments injector_3116_fuel rack.jpg (99KB - 468 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)