AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 3600 vs 3660
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JAGSVIP
Posted 1/29/2018 06:14 (#6539090 - in reply to #6538691)
Subject: RE: Kinze 3600 vs 3660

Urbana, OH
We replaced a a twelve row 3600 and a twelve row 3400 with a 12/23 3660 last year. We wanted to go to one planter heavy enough to have liquid and splitters...the 3660 definitely fits the part. It is a lot heavier made and well thought out. It uses a rock shaft type axle to raise and lower in field position. I could see this being its biggest downfall as the back rows raise really high and the push rows end up with less clearance when raised. It's not a big deal for the terrain we're on, but I could see it being a problem in other parts of the country. The biggest thing I was on the fence about was the hydraulic drive. My apprehension was silly as it works really well. I really want to explore variable rating. On fields with clay knobs I changed the population on the go by adding 20,000 plants in these spots and the yield increase was unbelievable. I will concede that these plants had a lot of rain, but in a normal year these spots struggle to get any kind of height. I look forward to seeing where this tech can go! The 3660 was a nice upgrade for us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)