AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nafta
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 1/28/2018 19:05 (#6538311 - in reply to #6536198)
Subject: RE: Nafta

Southeast Colorado
I will try to keep my response from being as political as I can.............but obviously that's where this thread has gone. Trump has a very brash way about him that I don't care a lot for but I can deal with it. I think he really does want the USA back on top and is tired of our lame ass government working the way it has for the last 30 or 40 years.

To those who think we need to stay in NAFTA just so we can have higher grain prices.............shame on you. Did anyone see Jon's list on the thread a couple of pages below showing how far we as a country are behind in trade to all of our trading partners? The USA has all the power yet we seem to want to just bow down to everyone else. Sure we might export more ag products to Mexico/China/etc. but when you look at our trade as a whole...........our country is getting its teeth smashed in. How do you explain that to your impoverished youth? Do you just say, "At least I got 10 bucks for my soybeans back in 2017"?

I'm all for free trade but our current system of putting everyone in front of us is literally breaking the bank. And our business as usual approach to trade has got to change. To me it's as simple as walking. In my business of farming if I put everyone I deal with ahead of myself I would have been broke long ago. How does any business owner (farmers on here) not see it the same way?

When it comes to how the rest of the world sees the USA...........I just saw where he had drawn the largest crowd during his last international speech. More of the dignitaries wanted to hear him than anyone else. Say what you want about Trump's style..........but they know he means business. Any other diplomatic routine they've seen a thousand times from our previous administrations and it would just land us back where we have progressed all the way to today.

Edited by tmrand 1/28/2018 19:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)