AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8230 12V Power at back of tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/23/2009 07:54 (#653433 - in reply to #653236)
Subject: RE: JD 8230 12V Power at back of tractor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
jasonswmn - 3/22/2009 22:25

I am using the trucount system. So I need power. Last year I ran a cable inside the cab and used one of the connectors in their for the power. But I didn't really like the way I had it setup. I was wondering is their a kit or something that I can run cables from the batterys to the back of the cab and get power. Would like to have both switched and unswitched power.

Jason

This is the cable that Tru-count supplies this year. Notice that it is much heavier than the cable used in the past. This cable consists of three parts. A short section with a massive fuse holder and eyelets to connect to the battery. Besides this a short and a longer extension cable with the Anderson connectors are also supplied. The compressor has an Anderson connector on it also.

On my 8120, I used the battery section and the longer cable to go under the cab. This was plenty long to reach my compressor since I mounted it on the tractor above the SCV stack. I wired in a Heavy Duty relay to actually switch the power to the compressor. The air pressure switch was rewired to become the trigger for the relay. I ran this trigger wire into the cab and then back out. In the cab I have a switch in that line and also an indicator LED.

This accomplishes three things: a) takes the load of the compressor off of the air pressure switch, b) provides me a way to kill the power so that the compressor won't run inapproriately (over night etc.) and c) provides me with a visual indicator of when the compressor is running. If the compressor seems to be running too often, I can investigate.

This doesn't really answer your question but may give you some ideas.

Edited by tedbear 3/23/2009 11:50

(Compressor Cable.jpg)

(Switchbox 8120 II.jpg)

(Compressor Mounting.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Compressor Cable.jpg (54KB - 71 downloads)
Attachments Switchbox 8120 II.jpg (50KB - 77 downloads)
Attachments Compressor Mounting.jpg (58KB - 66 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)