AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez boom spinner spreader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/17/2018 08:45 (#6511319 - in reply to #6510693)
Subject: RE: Ez boom spinner spreader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
bstorm - 1/16/2018 09:09

If I bought a spinner spreader with a raven 660 could I run it with my ez guide and ez boom and have the ez boom shut it off as one section?

I used to work as a Tech and have never done this but I think it should be possible. EZ-Boom can be setup as a stand alone controller for a sprayer or with different wiring to just handle section control and allow a Raven 440/450 to still handle rate control. EZ-Boom gets stuck in the middle of the wiring and handles the section switches for you.

I would think that this should work with the Raven 660 as well. Since the 660 has no internal section switches, the Section switch(es) are in an external box. This switch box sends 12V out to run the bed and also sends 12V to the Raven to inform it that the section is ON. I would think that the wiring harness that is used with a Raven 440/450 for section control only should work fine. It would have more wires than necessary for the other booms but that shouldn't be a problem. Just like a spray situation EZ-boom could shut off a section. It would be the only section.

The rate shown on EZ-Boom might not make much sense but that shouldn't really matter since the 660 is handling rate control on its own anyway. By playing with the EZ-Boom cal meter cal number you might get the rate on EZ-Boom to agree but that would only be for a certain gate setting and density.

Edited by tedbear 1/19/2018 13:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)