AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Upgrading A Fertilizer Spreader to Hydraulic Drive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 1/16/2018 00:42 (#6508624 - in reply to #6508442)
Subject: RE: Upgrading A Fertilizer Spreader to Hydraulic Drive

East Central, Nebraska
this has been asked on here multiple times in the last few months. "how to i make my spreader variable rate?" if you search back a little while you should find a bunch of posts on it. your situation is a little more elaborate though. sounds like you need everything and its going to get pricey. i don't like telling a person what to do but you might price an already equipped hydraulic drive spreader before you convert a ground drive one.

never the less, to run with the agleader you will need all of this stuff (go down to page 5 or 6):

https://support.agleader.com/kbp/index.php?View=afile&EntryID=679&At...

also you will need some kind of drive. depending on how hard your chain pulls you may need a rawson par 40. it is a gear reduction drive made to pull heavy spreader loads. they are expensive but are pretty great. that coupled with all the components on the link above and your set to go. of course you also will need it all plumbed and a decent hydraulic system on the tractor to make it all happen. if your tractor is not capable to put out the gallons needed of hydraulic oil then you could set it up selfcontained running a pto pump and supplying the motor but that is an entirely different post. i remember years ago thinking some companies sell an add on kit for certain brands of spreaders to make this happen but i wouldn't even know where to start looking. maybe contact your spreader company and start there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)