AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7720 massey ferguson doesn't like the cold
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jzillmer34
Posted 1/15/2018 20:06 (#6507982 - in reply to #6507847)
Subject: RE: 7720 massey ferguson doesn't like the cold

SCND
Thanks for all the replies everyone!
Finally got it started late today after running a tarp all around the front end and running a torpedo heater under it for about 45 mins.

The tractor has been parked outside in between 2 buildings and not to far from a shelterbelt. I'm feeding in 2 locations now and I finally switched tractor locations today and brought the massey out to my main farm where I have a round roof Quonset I parked it in tonight.

Ive been plugging it in as soon as I'm done using it and its plugged in all night. we replaced the batteries with some bigger Interstate batteries and we did watch the voltage before and during crank it has good voltage for a good while before it starts dropping off.

Ive left the battery charger on it over night on maintainer but the morning when I went to start the tractor I could see that it wasn't charging which is why we decided to change the disconnect out. The mechanic actually jumped the disconnect and it cranked much faster which was another reason they wanted to change it out

Straight number 1 in the tractor with some howes even in it.

We wanted to have the dealer install an inline water heater even dropped it off with them when they were working on it but for some reason they didn't install it. Haven't asked them why they decided not to install it, maybe some warrenty issue?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)