AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Were you chosen?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 1/14/2018 14:33 (#6504690 - in reply to #6504153)
Subject: RE: Were you chosen?

Frytown, Iowa
Some answers are clear here in this thread already.

Do you submit your life to God or do you fight for your way because you attempt to be in control. Attempting to be in control of your life will lead to bitterness if you don't get it or pride if you obtain the image of control and then bitterness when it's taken away from you in old age.

Releasing your control of your life to the pursuit of who God is and what he has planned for you is not the easiest thing in the world but trusting he loves you more than you know and has a beautiful plan for your life when you desire for his will to be done in your life will lead to peace, a selfless love for others and will bring glory to God.

This does not mean there won't be trials nor does it mean you will have financial success as trials expose your heart towards God and others, as well as financial success may lead to pride (sin) which snowballs into other sin. God knows your heart so if financial success and a perfect life leads to pride then why would he bless you with that.

We have amazing freedom in Christ not constrained to man made laws about where I work or if I'm on "THEE" right path or not. If I go bankrupt or am successful, if I farm or work in a high rise... the will of God is for you to: in love submit your life to him because of his love for us. He has a beautiful plan for your life if you seek him. Doesn't mean no trials... just mean it's a plan full of love for Him and for one another.

I guess doing "Gods work" in anyone's life is to be grateful for the job you have and to work every day to bring glory to God no matter what your job. If you have trouble understanding what "bringing glory to God" means... what helped me was to look at the corn plant that was right outside my door one Late June morning. That corn woke up every morning and it's full pourpose was to grow as tall as its DNA allowed and to put on as big of an ear as its DNA and weather (circumstances) allowed. That plant is greatful for the sun it gets, the heat it gets, the nutrients in the soil and the water that makes it available. It wants to do the best that it can with whatever it's blessed with. Whether on a clay knob or on 6 foot of soil it never says... ehh I'm tired of trying I'm just going to give up and not make an ear. Plus it's not my fault it's too hot out or I was planted too thick.

That plant wants to bring glory to whoever planted it. Bringing glory to God is being grateful for what you have been blessed with and doing the best with what you have out of love for the one who blessed you with what you have. This crosses over to any job whether paid or not and is the start of having peace instead of bitterness in your work place.

That is Gods will for your work and what we were chosen to "do" in the work place. To be grateful and work selflessly unto God out of love in any work you do. Could even be parenting or being a spouse. Those jobs the same

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)