AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skid loader tracks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoeR
Posted 1/4/2018 12:17 (#6478253 - in reply to #6477775)
Subject: RE: Skid loader tracks

NW Iowa
I bought a set of Track Plus tracks last spring for my L180. I use my skid loader for feeding bales, feed in bunks, bedding pens, etc. Got sick and tired of always either getting stuck or having to wait until things dried out to do anything (I don't have a tractor and loader). Got the tracks on and went out for a test drive in the muck - honestly, it is unbelievable the flotation they give. I am very happy with the set I got, I think they were about $2000. I have to run spacers, but already had a set on for tire chains (which are worthless with new tires).

If you are on a lot of concrete, you'd probably want the pads. The shed that I park in has a concrete floor, and I purposely leave a fair amount of dirt on the floor where I drive the skid loader when I have the tracks on to keep it from scuffing it up too bad. They will tear the edges off concrete if you are coming onto a concrete surface from dirt - I have a few places that this has happened.

I used them a lot this summer doing dirt work as well. Where I would usually spin out getting a bucket of dirt out of a hill, I pretty much just stall now. They won't dig holes in the ground like tires will (on mine at least) and when making turns, they won't berm like tires will either. Much smoother ride, makes it nice for finish dirt work.

They are real easy to take off, not bad to put on once you've done it a time or 2.

I don't have a huge issue with buildup with the pad design, and if it gets full of mud and dries, the next time that I move it, it cleans out pretty quick.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)