AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

530 Backhoe picks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tate_bxl
Posted 3/15/2009 22:53 (#645815 - in reply to #645516)
Subject: Re: 530 Backhoe picks

Savage, Montana
first for the things i do know:
yes i am going to restore it (the best i can), that is why i took the loader and backhoe off, the engine got some water in it and is seized up. Also first and third gear are out of it, i think the shifting fork needs to be replace. (i hope)
It is a gas, the engine in it is a G159.
you are right on the year, it is a 1964 according to the serial #.
The tire is a long story, (the left tire is a new one) A dairy barrowed it because they had a water leak, so they dug down with it until they found the pipe. Well we didnt take it back right away cuz and they used it for something else and somehow got a flat (dont remember that part of the story). They went a bought the cheapest tire that size that they could find and put it on. and returned it.(after a while) (actually i saw the origonal tire today). That makes a long story short.
The story of the backhoe is KJ-MT's grandfather bought it at an auction for $400(? i think) and have used it for several things. it has kinda been neglected but it ran until we lent it to the dairy after they made the one tire flat they left it sit out side and it rained and they never put anything over the exhaust to keep the water out. and the engine rusted and seized up.
I have no clue if the torque converter works or not i have never driven the beast and thanks for the cluing in on the lettering and paint color.
i will post more picturs and if you have any more questions shoot that am KJ-MT or myself.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)