AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Payloader ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cowfeeder
Posted 12/24/2017 15:49 (#6451491 - in reply to #6451308)
Subject: RE: Payloader ?

Northwest Iowa
Size the bucket to the machine and the job. My L70 Volvo is considered a 3 yard machine. (Your dealer will help with sizing.) That works well for me as it fits into my feed wagon and I haul sand from a dairy sand separation lane. It could handle a 4 or 5 yd bucket easily for feed only. Manure and heavy things would make me uneasy with that size.
Ride control is a must for me. Carrying silage any distance over frozen ground will cause you to like that feature. I have the third hydraulic function on one of my machines and have never used it. That would depend on whether or not you need a grapple, adjustable bale spears, or silage facer, etc.
I have had good results with machines over 5000 hours so far.
Tire type might be of more an issue for you depending on the jobs you do. Radial tires will leave you grumpy in a muddy cattle lot, but nice while loading feed on concrete. Forestry type tires in the mud are nice, but life expectancy is reduced if you are on the road a lot.
Your budget seem to be in reason to me for that size and age of a machine.
What ever brand that you chose, dealer support makes the brand that you will be satisfied with. Once you have a wheel loader, you will not want it shut down.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)