AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pics of some upgrades to the grinding setups
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 12/21/2017 07:40 (#6443901 - in reply to #6443822)
Subject: RE: Pics of some upgrades to the grinding setups

mikado - 12/21/2017 07:15  How about the tractor on the mixer, do you have enough clearance that the mixer auger doesn't find the cab when turning corner? I mean, you must, otherwise it wouldn't be on there but to reach my tallest bins with my h&s there is no way I can put a tractor with a cab out front.

Cab and auger have never met yet but you can hear the rubber spout drag on the cab roof once in a while.

The auger saddle can be raised up more to get more cab to auger clearance but were about as high as we can go and be safe getting it in/out of our machine shed doors.

I've thought about building a shed over the area where I grind but so far I've always thought of better things to spend the money on, maybe someday.      Honestly though, when the weather is crappy I don't spend much time out of the tractor cab.  Takes roughly 4-5 mins/load to get everything but the corn in the mixer, then I sit in the tractor cab while it grinds corn and sit in the tractor while it unloads.

Having everything spouted into the hopper or mill has cut way down on the amount of stuff the wind can blow around.   That's what I like the most about the new vertical corn auger with the spout into the mill, I don't have corn chaff blowing around anymore.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)