AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Homemade corral panels
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 12/20/2017 06:11 (#6441346 - in reply to #6440494)
Subject: RE: Homemade corral panels

Like other said I would go with 12' panels. When you start figuring steel lengths I think you will find 12' will work out better to make your steel come out better use. At least that's what a guy told me that built panels for a living. He also built a lot for me out 1 1/2" square tubing. He would bend like a loop to also weld on the legs of the panels. Having a loop makes it so a panel can slide a little if cattle hit, if they hit a panel with a straight leg you get more of a tendency to bend that leg.

I've mucked my panels around on loaders, loaded in stock trailers, flatbed trailers, I finally built a panel trailer to just haul my panels and bow gates on. Best thing I ever did. I can pull it freeway speeds handles great, very stable. We made it so we can put 10',12',14' or even 16' panels on it no problem.

If you are going to muck panels around on the farm with loader forks I would suggest using square tubing instead of round tubing. Once round tubing gets a dent in it, that's were they will bend and break over time. Lot harder to dent square tubing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)