AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts on Grass Fed, Antibiotic and Growth Hormone Free Beef?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

blacksand
Posted 12/19/2017 05:49 (#6438865 - in reply to #6438723)
Subject: RE: Thoughts on Grass Fed, Antibiotic and Growth Hormone Free Beef?

South Dakota
Did you read the post??? I'm praising anyone who can find any way to stay on the farm. If you have to hook and jab and work off the farm to make it work good on you, if you have to go organic, good on you, do whatever it takes. Many people who are growing organic and grass fed are doing so because they probably weren't gifted a dream operation or gifted an operation at all, so they have to find high value crops to make a go. The original post was about how he couldn't understand why farmers are growing specialty crops like organic and grass fed and I was praising anyone that had the balls to do that, it takes an entrepreneurial spirit that most people don't have. If that offends you, I'm at a loss. BTW TPS reports was a reference to the movie Office Space, which was a classic.

Edited to add: I reread my post again and again and don't see how its offensive. Do you disagree that we're educating people to not be entrepreneurs? I think the tech and trade schools are doing a much better job of creating entrepreneurs. I know tons of electricians, mechanics, welders, construction contractors, you name it, who came from tech schools and now own their own business. I can't think of one person I went to college with (USD, non ag school) who now owns their own business, but it seems like 75% of the people I went to high school with that went the tech route, now own their own business. That's the problem I'm talking to. We've created an education system that teaches you to value working for Goldman Sach's or Wells Fargo rather than owning a plumbing or electrical business. Previous generations, pretty much everyone owned their own business, very few worked in a factory setting or an office. In today's society is a mom more likely to brag that her son or daughter is a computer programmer for Apple or that they own their own plumbing business. BTW, I talked to a friend's brother in law who works for google and the cost of living is so high in Silicon Valley that electricians and plumbers are getting rich out there; the plumber is out earning the snobby google guy. I admire the independent business owners, the electricians, plumbers AND organic farmers of the world, we need to get back to that in America, that's how we revive the rugged self dependent spirit that our grandparents generation had. Hopefully that clarifies what I'm talking about.

Edited by blacksand 12/19/2017 06:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)