AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts on Grass Fed, Antibiotic and Growth Hormone Free Beef?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jake_NEIA
Posted 12/18/2017 19:29 (#6438138 - in reply to #6437568)
Subject: RE: Thoughts on Grass Fed, Antibiotic and Growth Hormone Free Beef?

Well it's pretty simple....That's what the consumer wants.

Why do they want it?.....Because they are several generations removed from the farm and are uneducated about modern farming practices? Because they want to have a connection to exactly where their food comes from? Really depends on the customer.....

We will never feed the entire world....Not because we aren't producing enough volume....$3 corn and $9 beans tells me we have supply and no demand yet there are people starving all over...yet we have an abundant supply and whose wallet is getting fatter? Not the guy producing it.

It's not about feeding THE WORLD it's about feeding the community around you ie direct marketing......Sure it's more work, but I'm not working for pennies so the 6th floor exucutive in NY can buy his mom a nice birthday gift I'm keeping that margin in my pocket for my moms birthday gift and doing the same for all the local business who support me...newspaper, locker, repair shop, feedmill, etc.

Really it's a no brainer.....Do I agree with all the marketing propaganda 110% no, but if we can connect with the consumer and educate them we may be going a small step in the right direction. At the end of the day I have to do what makes me money.......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)