AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Network question for experts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jumper
Posted 12/10/2017 10:51 (#6418951 - in reply to #6418923)
Subject: RE: Network question for experts?

I have a network tester. Cable tests fine. I have been playing around and made a homemade patch panel and hooked the line coming into the building directly to computer, tv, and another switch in a different room of the building after the patch panel and can get the internet to work using the patch panel. I can not have the switch hooked to the line coming into the building and get internet to pass through it. but if I move the switch to a different connection further down the line , using the patch panel, I can get the internet to work through the suspect switch. That's why I'm thinking it's a ground issue difference between the 2 buildings. Nothing else seems to work. Have tried different switches at the connection coming into the building, none of them work. I think I'm going to try a fiber loop at the end of the line and see if it makes a difference, or put a plastic connection on the end of the line instead of a grounded connection, or I could try grounding the switch to the electrical panel. Just don't understand why after 2 years I have started to have this problem. I have tested the cable for continuity, cable length, correct order, ohms, skew, and RLQ quality test. They all pass. This one, just has me a little stumped, never ran into a problem like this before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)