AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Milk prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 12/3/2017 03:04 (#6403308 - in reply to #6403175)
Subject: Novaman,...............

Novaman, I would be ok with $14.50 dollar milk if you got back to .50 cent fuel, $55,000 dollar MFD 135 hp. new tractor. $26,000 new diesel pickup. Knock fertilizer and power costs in half like they were in the early 90's. But why are you so willing to subsidize the general population with cheap food at your expense? Are you getting enough subsidies you can warrant milking cows for $14.50 cwt.?

Then the whole time you are subsidizing the mass population with your farming operation, they are coming at your backside for environmental regulations because you have animals and they perceive you are the cause of every pollution problem they can think of. But the masses sure don't have a problem when you are forced to sell out and subdivide your estate for housing developments. I don't ever see a superfund cleanup on fields, dairy barns, loafing shed to put housing up. Seems to me that ground was clean enough to build a housing subdivision on.

Things are getting way out of whack again, when a new pickup is costing $70-80,000 with all the bells and whistles. I see no incentive for a young couple to move back to the farm, take over maybe build a new milking parlor or loafing shed. To be able to raise their kids on the farm, and let the older generation stay on the farm and live out their remaining years in enjoyment. To instill work ethics in a few of the kids that will go on to community leaders.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)