AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn gluten for feed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Texas Papaw
Posted 11/30/2017 23:01 (#6399392 - in reply to #6399071)
Subject: RE: Corn gluten for feed

Central Texas
Ration should work well as a replacement for wheat pasture as that is how mix is named. If just wanting to "stretch" the pasture until spring growth hits then maybe just the soy hulls or possibly sh and corn mixed as the wheat they are grazing will furnish the protein. That being said, I just had LNC figure some rations for me to use with my cows. They recommended one with a lot more gluten than was called for from a protein standpoint but apparently is currently an economical non starch energy source so that may be the case for your situation. Should work fine for your situation although is probably higher in protein than necessary for supplementing wheat pasture.

Around 10 years ago Noble Foundation did some research supplementing wheat pasture with just soy hulls. Think they were self feeding the hulls and from what I can remember the data looked like was working good. That was about the time grain/feed prices really skyrocketed and think that killed the viability of doing it for several years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)