AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Montag Strip till Setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bluedog
Posted 11/29/2017 07:56 (#6395326 - in reply to #6387766)
Subject: RE: Montag Strip till Setup

Nebraska
Your pwm valve might be leaking a little oil past if the drive is creeping when its supposed to be shut off. Mine does that a little, but its so slow you can barely see it moving. If you have "advanced" PWM settings on your controller make sure the PWM is set to 0 Hz for minimum and 100 Hz for maximum.

I've had problems getting more than 350# out of mine at 6mph(std output). But that will be highly depandant upon the makeup of your fertilizer blend. Practically every load could be different if the fertilizer plant has multiple sources of fertilizer in the same bin. Example: MAP can be white, brown or green. It can also be round prills or jagged, they will all meter differently.

You need scales, you will be constantly changing your calibration number. I set up a virtual bin on my display and compare it to what the scale says. I tried to do it without scales for the first few years, quality of life was much better after the scales....

The vacuum gage will show low vacuum until you get some fertilizer in the tank. I typically run around 20. and it stays there no matter how much I'm putting on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)