AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Terrastar way off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/28/2017 06:51 (#6392871 - in reply to #6391548)
Subject: More info

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

nlegler - 11/27/2017 14:35

I hadn’t done that update so can’t speak on if it resolved it. I do run a 6500 so maybe I’ll update before my last field to see if it is fixed.

The 6500 has the ability to Output emulated radar to replace a radar gun if you have the need.

I have three tractors that are using InCommand 1200's with GPS 6500's and SteerCommand. The installer used the emulated radar OUT branch to back feed the dash on these tractors. This takes the place of a failed or non existent radar gun. This branch can also be used to feed emulated radar to any device requiring radar such as standalone planter monitors etc.

To utilize this feature, an adapter cable is required to feed the signal back into the tractor or to the desired device. The feature needs to be "turned On". With an update the feature needs to be "turned On" again as it gets turned off with the update. If you are not using this emulated radar OUT then the following does not apply.

Here's the messages I needed to turn it back ON. Press the GPS ICON on the 1200. select GNSS. Press view messages on the bottom, activate the small keyboard and type in (note capitals and spacing) RADARCONFIG ENABLE 36.11 5HZ 500 5. New line: SAVECONFIG.

Again the spacing and capitals must be exactly as shown above. RADARCONFIG and SAVECONFIG are run together, no spaces. The first line turns ON the emulated radar OUTput and the second line saves this setting or you would need to retype the first message after a restart.

Edited by tedbear 11/28/2017 06:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)