AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS vs Farmworks...again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Lookingglass
Posted 11/27/2017 13:12 (#6391383 - in reply to #6390658)
Subject: RE: SMS vs Farmworks...again

Southwest Illinois
The bottom line is the folks who are out selling the product(dealers and retailers) don't know much about the product. Without naming names, there is one guy in my area(incuding all other Monsanto reps) who can troubleshoot any issue. So you get to submit your issue, wait for someone to get a hold of Mike and get the fix, then that is translated back to you through the other party you inquired to. Keep in mind this takes days to occur. Another perfect example was the issues with the new Apple OS this year. They finally sent the fix out via email a week after we started planting. The software itself is good. In general it is pretty user friendly and the cloud storage is nice. I see numerous posts on this site about issues people have. That is ridiculous that they can't get direct support from within Monsanto. When I have a software issue I want to talk to someone who can help me right now. Not hours later. Then you have the cost which is about 4 times the cost of the sms annual tech service contract. I have been a big Monsanto supporter over the years so getting me to try to use fieldview was an easy sell, but after 2 years I felt that the hardware/software issues would probably always be there and with very limited support you are pretty much on your own. From our perspective it would be paying more and getting less. I am not sure what they do with all the subscription fees but it isn't to man a technical support center.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)