AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well the Christmas shopping is done,......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/21/2017 06:25 (#6379127)
Subject: Well the Christmas shopping is done,......

So boys and I went to a bull sale last Friday. Needed a few replacements So bought these. Wife called and inquired how was the sale and buyers dinner. Told her great, she then asked how many she was getting for Christmas? I think I finally have her trained! The first time I pulled that on her, it didn't go over very well. The pics of heifers are the last of them to be weaned we got off the mountain and got home Sunday. We will keep them for replacements. Word to the wise young men don't ever give your wife an envelope with bull registration papers or a title to trailer or equipment for Christmas, they really frown on it.

I did that once on a equipment trailer. Well one of my boys ran into the house an as I was loading tractor on it. Told his mother, boy mom that sure is a cool trailer you have! It even has ramps to load a tractor!

I also took a pic of how I shoulder brand all bulls for the year they are put into service. These are coming 2's in spring. So they get a 0 and a 8. That marks they were 2 years old in 2018'. We run them 4 years if they make it that long. Then they are sold, never a question on age. That way if tags are lost we always know the age. Everybody in the valley also brands that way so you know at a glance if a boy is too old to be run.

(20171120_163725.jpg)

(Bulls 18'.jpg)

(Replacement heifers 17' 3.jpg)

(Replacement heifers 17'.jpg)

(Shoulder brand.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20171120_163725.jpg (96KB - 58 downloads)
Attachments Bulls 18'.jpg (90KB - 51 downloads)
Attachments Replacement heifers 17' 3.jpg (86KB - 49 downloads)
Attachments Replacement heifers 17'.jpg (79KB - 48 downloads)
Attachments Shoulder brand.jpg (178KB - 49 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)