AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new wet corn holding bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/19/2017 21:24 (#6376658 - in reply to #6376506)
Subject: RE: new wet corn holding bin

Morris, IL
Yeah good point i'm thinking new construction seems would be nice if he could keep the 3500 in there some place but with augers that can be hard to do. Maybe if one was that much taller guy could put overflow valve even if it didn't fill the 3500 bushel bin clear full run it in the man door or something. With no leg hard to do but i always though of adding an overhead loadout tank would be one way get some extra wet storage.

I get the "where there's a will there's a way" but if your limited by dry storage your kind of stuck. You don't want a 60' wet auger that would suck. Our 8" by 35' with 10hp pulls lot of power when it starts, lot of power. One heck of a surge. The wet auger in top of dryer is no big deal as when it starts it has no corn against it. Wet auger is setup so when it starts hopper is full and by they time it shuts off the gate is only allowing it to be about 1/2 full. When something happens and it shuts off full oh boy don't call me. Get up on top of dryer with pipe wrench or a pulley wrench isn't fun 20' in the air. We do have nice platform which helps and only done it once or twice but it's not fun.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)