AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Overhead Cake/Feed Bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cattledriver
Posted 11/19/2017 19:01 (#6376215 - in reply to #6375718)
Subject: RE: Overhead Cake/Feed Bin

Oklahoma
Got one a few months ago. 30 ton round split from heavybuilt out of coalgate,ok. I would highly suggest a spilt for many reasons. Obviously you can have 2 different feeds but also you never have to run completely empty. With that extra room you can order and he will still have room to top you off. Also a bobtail hauls 14.5 tons so it's easy to fill both sides that way. I'm glad I did it because I'm using both sides now with different feeds. I went overkill on my slab. Did 8" thick with rebar and 6 4 ft piers with rebar. I put 6 -1/2" plates in and welded it to the plates. The round bins are supposed to have less rust problems because they have less corners. Can't say for sure cause I've never owned a square bin. I also got an epoxy type coating on the inside to slow rust issues. Regardless they sure probably be cleaned ever yr or 2 in my opinion.

Yes I know I didn't make my circle drive wide enough. Don't give me a hard time. I thought 12 belly dumps was enough. Obviously not. Need to order some more.

(Screenshot_2017-11-19-18-38-35.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_2017-11-19-18-38-35.png (360KB - 40 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)