AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new wet corn holding bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 11/19/2017 17:52 (#6375990 - in reply to #6375707)
Subject: RE: new wet corn holding bin

NEILFarmer - 11/19/2017 15:30   If 7000k would keep his dryer running 24 hours a 22k would keep it going 3 day 24/7. Your telling me that is realistic. If that is what it takes to keep up what happens when you have week of good weather that wet bin will fill up by day 2-3 and your down to just what the dryer will do anyway.

Then in the future when he gets a bigger combine and decides to put in a bigger dryer he doesn't have to put in a bigger wet bin immediately.

Or after a couple days of good running with the combine he can do tillage or spread fertilizer for a day or two while the dryer catches up.

He's free to do whatever he wants but I bet if he prices a 7000 bushel hopper bin and then compares what that money can buy in a flat bottom bin he'll follow his son's path.

If he could find room for a 30' 9 ring bin I'd bet he could get a 20,000 bin done for real close to $40k if he shops around now when bin dealers are offering the best discounts to starting to line up jobs for next spring.

Just out of curiosity what does a 7000 bushel hopper bin (including all labor for erection and concrete) cost?     I've never got a quote on one that large but I'm guessing somewhere $25,000-30,000 based off of what smaller ones cost.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)