AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

LKM
Posted 11/19/2017 09:02 (#6374912 - in reply to #6374779)
Subject: RE: Sunday

Ridgway, IL
We are paying 97$ for 3000 psi, 117 for 4,000psi.

Because the coal industry has been so slow, the redimix plants tell us their cost is higher. The mines use a lot of concrete for different things. The owner of the plant delivered us a load and said they had been up all night delivering to one of the mines, I believe they have agreements with them to be on standby 24/7 given so many hours notice.

I need to stretch my dollars as far as I possibly can on this round of improvements, but still do a good job of course. I don’t want to be too short sighted, but If we overbuilt everything it would cut into what we could get done in total. I really like using these simons forms, they go together quick, a guy could really get creative with what he does with concrete with these things.

We can pour a 4” pad, 3,000psi, with wire and compacted rock for about 1.20/sq ft. using our own labor. Asphalt is costing 2.20/sq just for the material, so that was a definite no go. 800sq ft of 4” pad is right at 10 yards or 1 truck load. For areas where we aren’t taking heavy equipment, i feel like it is adequate. We have the 6” forms still for places we feel like we need it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)