AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new wet corn holding bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 11/19/2017 07:05 (#6374658 - in reply to #6374464)
Subject: RE: new wet corn holding bin

central - east central Minnesota -

MN Dave 2 - 11/18/2017 23:07 We presently have a 3200 bu wet corn cone bottom holding tank that was big enough 40 years ago, but not anymore. Space, width and height, are some limiting considerations. We have a 1 year old 14"X66' auger that I really would like to keep using on the new holding tank. We are NOT going to a leg system. I'm thinking that a 7k bu cone bottom tank would be a nice upgrade. My son thinks that a 10k flat bottom bin with a power sweep is the answer. I'm told that you keep enough dry corn from the year before on the bottom of bin to make a cone for the wet corn to unload. I'm not sure if we could get a 24' flat bottom bin in our only available spot. What are your opinions? Thanks

Mn = cooler temps when harvesting . . . . .I'd go with as big of a flat bottom bin w/fan that would fit. Forget the cone bottom. You are spending extra money for less storage/use. The Mn cooler weather works in your favor as far as potential concerns for that bottom of the bin corn going sour. It won't as long as the fan is running. Then your new auger should work with the new bin . . . . . . . .  . .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)