AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Attempt to keep bulls from fighting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

vardaman
Posted 11/18/2017 18:58 (#6373881)
Subject: Attempt to keep bulls from fighting

SW Iowa, Clarinda
Okay...sorry for not posting in awhile, been trying to make a living with harvest and all....i have a young herd of young blk and bwf fall calvers...almost all calved out and i turned my 7 or 8 year old chopper out with them on stalks 2 weeks ago...today i purchased 15 more pairs, some reg. Black angus at the Clarinda Iowa salebarn. Bought very worth the money i thought too....$1725 a pair , mostly 3 yr old pairs....blk bwf, 1 red angus cow, and one with twins....

So my delema, i probably need to pick up a second bull now. I been going to anyhow but i feel this almost needs to happen now....i dont want to see my chopper old bull get hurt, he's been awesome....the young bull i been looking at is 1.8 yrs old and similar blood line....owner says he's been running with another bull of similar age and no fighting...but raised together....
Now I lotted these 15 pairs so i could put them on the north side of the road and leave my main herd and chopper bull on the south side of the road on stalks (240 acres, half stalks, 15 acres clover hay) i could put the new bull on north side with new cows....or roll the dice and see if they get along.....
Advice?
Vardaman in sw iowa

Edited by vardaman 11/18/2017 19:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)