AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling TMR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

bsfarms
Posted 11/12/2017 15:11 (#6360666)
Subject: Selling TMR

south central WI
A neighbor small dairy farm asked to buy standing corn for silage from me. I had some to sell but didn't want to chop it or couldn't at the time. At some point I offered to sell him my feed refusals. About a month later he took me up on it. He has been using it for about 6 weeks I think. I need to set a price on it. My refusals used to go to my heifers and that worked well. Now I have to fees for more refusal or feed them fresh. Some days (rainy or severe weather changes) he gets all fresh feed. He seems very happy, almost giddy. His production is way up. He is adding a little corn now I guess, not sure about mineral. I only load feed that looks good. Anything wet or sorted through gets tossed.
What would others charge for this? I need to charge as i am mixing more feed. Some days I still have extra to throw away, some I am short. I need an idea in my head when we discuss this. I won't charge full price, but I don't need to be supplementing him either. What percent of my cost would be fair? It sounds like he was buying all his feed before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)