AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wild Garlic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 11/8/2017 11:03 (#6352773 - in reply to #6351812)
Subject: RE: Wild Garlic

nw NC
Here are pictures as promised. I stated that I used 2.5 qts/acre glyphosate, but it was only 2 qts/acre and 1 qt/acre 2-4-D . In looking at the field this morning I believe I should have used 3 qt/acre . Next time I will. The 2-4-D definitely puts a curl into wild garlic quickly. When I sprayed, some of the garlic was 12" or more tall and quite thick in places. It may survive. Smaller garlic looks to have suffered more from the spraying and may die completely. I mentioned that where wheels rolled the garlic down it appears that chemical control is better. Picture where you see my boot at bottom of picture has wheel track left to right just above my boot. The very last picture is from a corn silage field that had 1 qt/acre paraquat. Still a little green showing in the garlic or perhaps it is new growth. This field will get tillage prior to drilling wheat.

I'm thinking that I will spray the grass field again ASAP before seeding no-till with conventional grain drill. I'll use 1 qt/acre paraquat to try to destroy the remaining green in the garlic and any other stuff that has come out since first spraying 3-4 weeks ago.

How much area in your field is involved with garlic? If only small spots, I would spot spray using a strong solution of glyphosate , 3% or more , with a bit of 2-4-D in the mix. Good luck !

https://ag.purdue.edu/btny/weedscience/documents/Wild_Garlic_Final.p...

Edited by WJKEIGER 11/8/2017 11:13

(001 (Medium).JPG)

(002 (Medium).JPG)

(003 (Medium).jpg)

(008 (Medium).jpg)

(010 (Medium).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 001 (Medium).JPG (174KB - 53 downloads)
Attachments 002 (Medium).JPG (195KB - 49 downloads)
Attachments 003 (Medium).jpg (231KB - 60 downloads)
Attachments 008 (Medium).jpg (232KB - 49 downloads)
Attachments 010 (Medium).jpg (201KB - 51 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)